Are you a rising professional
pursuing a career in a nonprofit or nongovernmental organization?
This certificate is for you!
Through our program, you will:
- Engage in experiential learning to develop both the practical skills and strategic/conceptual knowledge needed as a 21st century nonprofit/NGO leader
- Gain collaborative management skills to best navigate the interdependent relationships among the nonprofit/NGO, public and private sectors today
- Understand how nonprofits and NGOs are shaped by individual and collective worldviews and complex environments
- Acquire decision making skills for enhanced performance, sensitive to the complex nonprofit and NGO environments
- Analyze emerging nonprofit/NGO trends and issues at local, national and international levels
- Hone the capacity to transition between scholarship and practice
- Explore similarities and differences across several disciplines and types of nonprofits/NGOs
"Curt Gervich who taught nonprofit leadership and governance during the summer 2012 semester was fantastic. He was always prepared (which helps in an online environment) and made an effort to get to know the students. He challenged us academically through written class assignments and forum discussions.
-Natalie LaLonde, MPA Student