DescriptionThis graduate certificate program in Security Studies targets non-degree-seeking students and students in the Virginia Tech MA program in Political Science who wish to demonstrate special competence in Security Studies. This certificate program responds to an existing demand by degree-seeking and non-degree students, studying on campus or through on-line courses. It will recognize the coursework that students are pursuing when concentrated in the area of security studies.
Requirements:Completion of a total of twelve credit hours; 6 credits in required courses and 6 elective hours. Receive a grade of B or better in each course.
(Note: Students will not be allowed to retake a course for a better grade if they receive below a B.)
- PSCI 5444 - International Politics
- PSCI 5484 - American Foreign Policy
In addition, students must complete at least 6 credit hours from the following:
- PSCI 5324 - Executive Branch
- PSCI 5464 - Critical Security Studies
- PSCI 5474 - Global Governance
- PSCI 5514 - Global Security
- PSCI 5524 - U.S. Foreign Policy after 9/11
- PSCI 5534 - Regionalism and Political Development
For the most up to date tuition information, please see: The University Bursar