DescriptionThis graduate certificate program in Environmental Politics and Policy targets non-degree-seeking students and students in the Virginia Tech MA program in Political Science who wish to demonstrate special competence in environmental politics and policy. This certificate program responds to an existing demand by degree-seeking and non-degree students, studying on campus or through on-line courses. It will recognize the coursework that students are pursuing when it is focused on developing a foundation in environmental politics and policy.
Requirements: Completion of a total of twelve credit hours; 9 credits in required courses and 3 elective hours. Receive a grade of B or better in each course.
(Note: Students will not be allowed to retake a course for a better grade if they receive below a B.)
- PSCI 5214 - Contemporary Political Theory or PSCI 5115 - Research Methods I and PSCI 5364 - Public Ecology
- PSCI 5584 - Environmental Politics and Policy
In addition, students must complete at least 3 credit hours from the following:
- PSCI 5354 - Public Policy Analysis
- PSCI 5414 - Industrial Democracies
- PSCI 5434 - Politics of Developing Areas
- PSCI 5314 - Legislative Branch
- PSCI 5324 - Executive Branch
- PSCI 5334 - Judicial Branch
- PSCI 5564 - Women and Globalization
For the most up to date tuition information, please see: The University Bursar